At Festival Of The Sea Grimsby your personal privacy is important to us. This notice explains how we collect, store, manage, process, and protect your personal information. It lets you know the types of information we might hold, how and where we’ll use it once it’s been collected and how we will keep it safe. We’ll always aim to be very clear when we ask you to share any information with us and won’t do anything with it that is unexpected.
How We Collect Personal Information
We’ll collect information from you in several different ways. Most of the information comes directly from you and with your consent when you sign up to our mailing list. We also gather some information when you browse our website, answer a survey, or email us with feedback. We will collect your personal information when:
- You request to join our mailing list
- You participate in one of our projects
- You make a donation to support us
We will always make it clear what data we are collecting from you during these transactions. The following data and information may also be collected automatically when you visit our website:
- IP address
- Referring website
- Web browser and device
- Time and date
- Web pages visited
- Geographical location
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
We only collect personal information that is essential to our operation as a business and which allows us to fulfil our obligations to our customers, provide good customer service; maintain our records and accounts and to develop and promote our work, on and off stage. Most of the information we collect is obtained directly from you and may include:
- Prefix and name
- Email address
- Date of Birth / age
- Contact phone number(s)
- Transaction History
- Any donations made to Festival Of The Sea Grimsby
- Records of communications sent to you by Festival Of The Sea Grimsby or received from you
Where this data is processed for purposes of monitoring and reporting it is always done so anonymously.
How We Use Personal Information
The information we collect about you helps us to provide you with the best service we can; to better understand what you need from us, and to make sure you don’t miss out on information about our new productions, events and special offers. We process personal information to fulfil a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with a ticket for one of our events), where we have your consent to do so, where we are legally obliged to and where there is a legitimate interest. For example, we may use your information to:
- Deliver information and process transactions with you
- Improve the service we offer you
- Understand how you want to be contacted. i.e. email, post, phone
- Contact you about what’s on, membership, news, and topics you’ve asked to hear more about.
- Create mailing lists to share information about our activities
- Gather feedback from you directly or by survey
- To alert you to opportunities to support Festival Of The Sea Grimsby through making a donation
How We Manage and Protect Personal Information
We will never share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes. We will never sell, rent or trade your personal information. We protect all the personal information we collect. Our computer network is protected. To fulfil our contract with you it’s sometimes necessary for third party providers to have access to your data so that they can perform services on our behalf (for example, we use Mailchimp to send out email information). We’ll only keep information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We’ll never keep more information than we need. If you ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications, we will; you can change your preferences at any time. We may need to share personal information with:
- Service providers who work on our behalf for the fulfilment of a contract we enter into with you, for example website hosting or email delivery services. The police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
- Some of the services on offer on our website use servers that are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that the personal information you provide could be transferred to countries outside the EEA, for example we may transfer your data to the USA via organisations such as Mailchimp. If your personal information is transferred outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected as outlined here.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to our site as no transmission over the internet is 100% secure; any transmission of your data to us is therefore at your own risk.
Every email you get from us will include details about how to unsubscribe from future communications. You have the right to ask us to amend or stop how we use your personal information including for marketing purposes. You can do this by phoning, emailing, or in writing using the contact details below. You have the right to get the information we hold on you corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the details below. You have the right to be forgotten; if you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the details below. You can request details of personal information the we hold about you by contacting us and providing a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity. It is easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you. You can do this over the phone, via email, or in writing using the following details;
- by phone, 07801 540701 and ask for the Administrator
- by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to, Festival Of The Sea Grimsby, 75 Abbey Road, Grimsby DN32 0HN
You have the right to lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office. Further Information and updates to this notice Festival Of The Sea Grimsby website is owned and operated by Spruce Digital. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU GDPR the data controller is Paul Cunningham. This notice was updated on 14 Juney 2021. It may be necessary to update it from time to time to reflect changes to our business operations or to legislation. Updates will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you directly of any changes.